veterinarians warn of cases of walnut poisoning!

Does your dog have fun with nuts from the garden? Be careful, these are dangerous for him and many veterinarians warn owners about cases ofsevere poisoning. We give you the key to act and prevent your doggie from getting sick.

Dog: veterinarians warn of poisoning with nuts

When your dog ingests nuts, they can cause very severe symptoms. Veterinarians try to warn the owners in this season offall because dogs love to play with walnut fruit. Unfortunately, if your pooch plays with it, it must be removed without delay. Here is the list of symptoms that the ingestion of nuts can cause in your pet:

  • vomitings,
  • neurological disorders
  • tremors
  • seizures
  • difficulty moving
  • paralysis
  • excessive salivation
  • an increase in heart rate.

Note that their shell, meanwhile, can clog your dog’s digestive tract. In addition, those that are moldy produce mycotoxins which are also dangerous for the health of your companion.

Why are walnuts toxic to dogs?

The symptoms by one poisoning with nuts appear immediately or 6 to 24 hours later. Note that this depends on your dog’s health and weight. More fear than harm : fatal cases are rare for dogs. But prevention is better than cure: do not let him play with these fruits. If in doubt, contact the veterinarian or an emergency clinic immediately.

Dog: what foods are dangerous for them?

Chocolate is the most toxic food for dogs. It can even be fatal for your four-legged friend. Indeed, chocolate is composed of theobromine, a molecule which increases the heartbeat. the chocolate can cause cardiac arrest and therefore the death of your dog. To avoid all risks to your dog, do not give him dairy products, raw potatoes.

Leave a Comment