FC Barcelona receives Bayern Munich this Wednesday at Camp Nou during the shock of the fifth day of the Champions League. On the verge of elimination, the Catalan club can still hope to secure a ticket for the round of 16 even if it seems very compromised and remains dependent on the Inter Milan match.
Thomas Muller is looking forward to meeting Robert Lewandowski this Wednesday, on the occasion of the fifth day of the Champions League, and the clash between Barça and Bayern. Already qualified for the round of 16, the Bavarian club goes to Catalonia with serenity. Quite the opposite of the blaugrana team, on the edge of the abyss in group C.
Third with three points behind Inter Milan (four points against seven points for the Interists), Barça risks being reversed in the Europa League and saying goodbye to the Champions League. But Xavi’s proteges can still believe it, under certain conditions. First obligation: Barcelona must beat Bayern to hope to stay in contact with Inter.
>> The multiplex of the 5th day of the Champions League
Barça eliminated before playing against Bayern?
But that might not be enough. And for good reason, it is enough for Inter Milan to win against Viktoria Plzen at Giuseppe Meazza to keep, whatever happens next, three points ahead of Barça. The current seventh in Serie A would thus validate his accession to the knockout stages of the Champions League. Beaten with the particular difference by the Milanese (a defeat and a draw, Barcelona must not finish tied with the Italian club.
Scheduled from 6:45 p.m., at the start of European evening this Wednesday, the duel between the Nerazzurri and the Czechs will end even before the kick-off of the match between Barça and Bayern. Clearly, if the teammates of Lautaro Martinez and Milan Skriniar win at home against Plzen, Barcelona will have nothing to play for in the Champions League and will be guaranteed to continue their continental campaign in the Europa League.
The scenarios of the Barça evening
– Barcelona eliminated if lost against Bayern
– Barcelona eliminated if draw against Bayern Munich and Inter Milan do not lose against Plzen
– Barcelona eliminated if Inter Milan win against Viktoria Plzen
– Barcelona still alive if victory against Bayern Munich and defeat of Inter Milan against Viktoria Plzen
– Barcelona still alive so naked against Bayern Munich and Inter Milan loss against Viktoria Plzen
– Barcelona still alive if victory against Bayern Munich and draw between Inter Milan and Viktoria Plzen.