WHAT YOU MAY HAVE MISSED BETWEEN LAST NIGHT AND THIS MORNING
1. Tennis, ATP Washington: Pair and Mannarino smoking the door
Benoît Paire and Adrian Mannarino are no longer in the running in Washington. The two Frenchmen were respectively beaten by Holger Rune and Grigor Dimitrov. Weighed down by unforced errors and poor serve, Paire was eliminated in straight sets 6-3, 6-2 as Mannarino beat before giving in to Dimitrov 6-1, 3-6, 7-5.
The best spots to paddle around the world
A DAY AGO
Frenchman Benoît Paire has descended beyond the World Top 100 since July 2022.
Credit: Getty Images
2. Football, La Liga: Aubameyang targeted by Chelsea
The information revealed by journalist Fabrizio Romano put Catalonia in turmoil this Wednesday evening: Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang would be on the shelves of Chelsea. According to Romano taken up by the Catalan dailies sport and Mundo Deportivo who make the front page of their site, the Blues, who dropped Romelu Lukaku and are considering the departure of Timo Werner, are already talking with the former Stéphanois.
3. Tennis, ATP Washington: Kyrgios continues, Hurkacz stops there
Nick Kyrgios is enjoying himself. On the product of his final at Wimbledon, the Australian won solidly 6-3, 6-4 against Tommy Paul to qualify for the round of 16 of the Washington hard court tournament, where he will find Reilly Opelka. For his part, Hubert Hurkacz, seeded N.2, was taken out by the Finn Emil Ruusuvuori 6-4, 7-6 (7/3).
WE HAVE ALSO RETAINED FOR YOU
- Tennis, ATP Los Cabos : Daniil Medvedev took on Rinky Hijikata 6-4, 6-3 in the second round. Félix Auger-Aliassime also assumed his rank against Alex Hernandez 6-3, 7-5.
- Tennis, WTA Washington : Sick, Simona Halep had to give up at 7-5, 2-0 against her against Anna Kalinskaya. Defending champion, Jessica Pegula, seeded N.1, was also taken out in the second round by Daria Saville, 7-5, 6-4.
- American Football, NFL : The NFL on Wednesday appealed the six-game suspension imposed on Deshaun Watson, the quarterback of the Cleveland Browns, the subject of an investigation for sexual assaults on several women. The NFL, believing that Watson violated its code of conduct, had pleaded for a suspension of at least a full season.
- Swimming : Already victorious in the 200m and 800m freestyle, Ariarne Titmus won the 400m freestyle at the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham. The Australian star had decided to skip the Worlds in Hungary to focus on the Commonwealth Games.
- Soccer, Champions League : Norway’s Bodo/Glimt took a very serious option for the Champions League play-offs by beating Lithuania’s Zalgiris Vilnius 5-0.
While his coach Erik Ten Hag raised his voice on Wednesday, Cristiano Ronaldo obviously made the front page of many tabloids this Thursday. The Portuguese would thus be “furious” according to the Mirror.
THE CATCH-UP VIDEO
Frenkie de Jong is pushed out at FC Barcelona. The Dutchman would see himself staying but the club needs to part with him to free up cash. Borderline behavior according to our journalists Glenn Ceillier and Julien Pereira. Find the Wednesday Mercato program in full in podcast.
“Barça’s values are a little flouted with the De Jong case”
OUR PODCASTS TO LISTEN
WHAT NOT TO MISS TODAY
1. Tennis, ATP Washington: An enticing Kyrgios – Opelka
If the match between Grigor Dimitrov and the American Sebastian Korda will be worth a look this Thursday evening, the duel between Nick Kyrgios and Reilly Opelka at the end of the evening promises to be just as interesting.
2. Cycling, Tour of Poland: a time trial on the program
While Phil Bauhaus (Bahrain) won in the sprint on Wednesday during the fifth stage, an 11.8 km time trial is on the menu for the sixth and penultimate stage on Thursday. The Colombian Sergio Higuita (Bora) only has a four-second lead in the general classification over the Spaniard Pello Bilbao (Bahrain) and six over the Belgian Quinten Hermans (Intermarché).
Monaco can believe it, Pogba is aiming for the World Cup and Paire at a turning point: the news on a set
YESTERDAY AT 04:58
Monaco, goalless shock, prestigious rookie, little gem: The news on a plate
08/02/2022 At 04:55