BACK TO SCHOOL ALLOWANCE 2022. The payment of the back to school allowance started on August 2. Are you concerned?
[Mise à jour du mardi 02 août 2022 à 16h55] Parents, you will be able to start school supply lessons for your children. The Ministry of Solidarity announced the date of payment of the back-to-school allowance on Twitter. She was fixed Tuesday August 2 in Mayotte and Reunion. As a reminder, the Family Allowance Fund provides payment by bank transfer. For the other French departments, payment is scheduled from Tuesday August 16, 2022. “The 4% increase will be paid to everyone in a second phase, with the monthly payment of the other benefits, i.e. at the beginning of September 2022, warns the ministry in the press release. For example, a family in mainland France with a 7-year-old child will receive the back-to-school allowance on August 16. Then the amount of the revaluation of 4% at the same time as the payment of the other benefits, around September 5, 2022. La back-to-school bonus is a means-tested financial aid. To qualify, the child must be in school. In addition, he must be between the ages of 6 and 18 – and therefore, be born between September 16, 2004 and December 31, 2016. The amount of the allowance varies from 376 euros to 411 euros depending on the age of the child.
This year, two payment dates have been announced by the Ministry of Solidarity:
- Tuesday August 2, 2022: in Mayotte and Reunion, where the start of the school year comes earlier.
- Tuesday August 16, 2022: in other French departments.
If the child is under the responsibility of child welfare (Ase) or of a health or education service or establishment, their back-to-school allowance is deposited in a blocked account with the Caisse des dépôts. and consignments. It is given to the child when he comes of age, provided he asks for it, in order to support him in his autonomy.
The amounts for the 2022 school year have recently been revealed:
- 376.98 euros for a child aged 6 to 10 having reached the age of 6 before January 1 following the start of the school year and not having reached the age of 11 on December 31 of the year of the start of the school year (or for a younger child who is already registered in CP )
- 397.78 euros for a child aged 11 to 14 having reached the age of 11 on December 31 of the year of the start of the school year and not having reached the age of 15 on this date
- 411.56 euros for a child aged 15 to 18 having reached the age of 15 on December 31 of the year of the start of the school year and not having reached the age of 18 on the date of September 15 of the year of the start of the school year. Please note that the back-to-school allowance is not granted for young apprentices under the age of 18 if their remuneration exceeds a certain amount.
Here are the categorical net income limits (year 2020, tax notice received in 2021) not to be exceeded to be granted the ARS for the start of the 2022 school year. The ceilings for Mayotte are different. The amounts for the 2022 school year were recently announced.
|Number of dependent children||2020 resources not to exceed|
|Per additional child||+ €5,855|
As for the age of the childthis one must be between 6 and 18 years old. Thus, for the start of the 2022 school year, his date of birth must be between September 16, 2004 and December 31, 2016 (inclusive). Finally, and this seems logical, the child must be registered in the public or in the private sector to defend the ARS. The latter is in fact not granted for educated children within their families.
The steps to take to apply for the ARS are not the same as you have already provided or not. If you have already received it, you are already a Caf recipient and your child is over 16, you have nothing to do. Note: you must have submitted your 2022 income tax return and have declared your 2020 income to the Caf. If your child was born between September 16, 2004 and December 31, 2016, you had to let your Caf know from mid-July that your child would still be in school or that he would be learning at the start of the 2022 school year. process can be done online. The steps for the 2022 back-to-school allowance could be done in the summer of 2022.
If you are not a Caf beneficiary, on the other hand, you had to complete a declaration of the situation of family and housing benefits as well as a declaration of resources 2020. To do this, you can go to your Caf or download the forms on line. Again, this process can be carried out a few months before the start of the 2022 school year.