The Animal Welfare Awards were overlooked, by the NGO CIWF, on June 15 in London. Five French companies appearing on the list.
The Animal Welfare Awards ceremony was organized by the NGO CIWF on June 15, in London. Among the 27 agrifood companies awarded this international prize, five are French. In detail, the tricolor winners are:
- H. Triballat-Rians dairies in the category “Sustainable farming and food”. This is the program” Engaged Family Dairy” which is awarded here, encourages the practice of grazing, improves the longevity of cows and goats or even by abandoning soy from deforestation and planting hedges.
- Wisium, in the category “Rabbit Breeding”for its floor-based rabbit rearing systems, with permanent access to conservatories that allow the animals access to open air and natural light.
- The Carrefour distributor for “Golden Chickens”is rewarded for its significant progress and its commitment to the Best Chicken Pledge, an approach supported by more than 30 NGOs in Europe. This defines the criteria necessary for farms that are more respectful of animal welfare.
- Blédina, the French leader in infant nutrition belonging to the Danone Group, is distinguished among the ” Golden turkeys”, for its supply of 100% Label Rouge turkeys.
- Domino’s pizza, in the category “Cage-Free Breeding”for its commitment to the end of cages, all species combined (laying hens, rabbits, sows, quails, ducks).